Entries open for Brownsea Island Swim 2013Feb 20th, 2013 | By admin | Category: News
Date: 7 July 2013
Start time: approx 08:30am
Registration: from 05:45am at their club HQ at Sandbanks beach (in the car park).
It is an early start due to all swimmers needing to be on the Island by 07:45am. The timing of the swim is governed by tides and as such the start time is the best possible for the whole of 2013.
Please visit their website for full details and to enter via a 3 stage process.
What you get.
- A Ferry trip to and from the Island and free entry onto the island for swimmers.
- A Brownsea Island Swim 2013 memento for all swimmers successfully completing their category.
- A Brownsea Swim Challenge T-shirt. (Be sure to indicate the size you require on your entry form).
- Plaques will be awarded to the 1st three places in each category.
- At the finish: hot soup and bread roll freshly made by the kitchens of the Brownsea Island Castle.
As a Wild Swimming event, you are reminded that it is your responsibility to navigate your own course around the Island. Paddle craft are there for safety reasons only and to encourage you around the island; they are not there to guide you and therefore should not be relied on to do so.
We work closely with RLSS Poole Lifeguard to ensure the safety of swimmers in club sessions and our own 3.8km Seahorse Swim on 23 June 2013 and encourage you to considering choosing to support this entirely voluntary lifeguard club as your chosen charity. You can find RLSS Poole Lifeguard on the Just Giving website.